WE NOW SELL FOLKMANIS PUPPETS! BOOK 1 NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE! BOOK 2 COMING SOON!

WE NOW SELL FOLKMANIS PUPPETS!!!
WE OFFER HAND PUPPETS, FINGER PUPPETS, STAGE and CHARACTER PUPPETS.
CONTACT US FOR ALL YOUR CLASSROOM PUPPET NEEDS.

MUSICAL MANIPULATIVES - BOOK 1 and 2!
ALL THOSE GREAT MANIPULATIVE IDEAS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED IN 2 NEW HANDBOOKS. INDEXES INCLUDE TITLE, STEADY BEAT, MELODY, SEASONAL and CHILDREN'S LITERATURE REFERENCES.

CLICK TO EMAIL FOR MORE INFO OR TO ORDER YOUR MATERIALS: creativemusicclassrooms@gmail.com.


CLICK THESE TABS FOR EACH PAGE SELECTION.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

MELODY - ICE BLOCK SOLFEGE

Paint 16 wooden blocks white and let them dry.  I prefer the 2" size over other options.  Once dry, add solfege letters on the blocks.  This is determined by the group that you would like to use the blocks with.  Have the children roll the blocks to create a 4 4-beat melody.  Add a simply winter song as an "A" sectino and invite children to sing their melody to create a rondo activity.  When I am finished with my blocks, I simply place them on the shelf and place my penguin puppet on top! 

1 comment:

  1. I tried this with my second grade classes. They enjoyed it, and I enjoyed watching them read the sol, mi, do pitches.

    ReplyDelete